Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Schoolisms...

We had curriculum night this week (it was always called "Back to School Night" when I was a kid in UT).  We had a chance to chat with Sarah's teachers and then we went to Libby's teacher's presentation.  I am SUPER happy with their teachers.  Libby's teacher is corny, fun, does lots of singing, has fidget toys in the classroom.  It is going to be a good fit.
Sarah's teachers are both chill and they love Sarah (how could you not, she is a model student like her mommy :).
Ben is loving coming with me to do playground duty and volunteer in the classroom on Friday afternoons.
On Monday I asked Libby's teacher how she was doing.  She told me that Libby had a disagreement with another girl during small group time.  It apparently ended with Libby telling the girl that her dad would bring a gun to school and shoot her.  Ugh.  But the teacher told me with a smile (the kind of smile that says I know the other girl deserved some angst.) and she didn't make a big deal out of it.  Whew.  I told the teacher in Libby's defense that her father is a police officer...so he actually does carry a gun.  And I told Libby that she should NEVER say the word gun at school.
Sarah loves school.  She comes out of class every day with a smile so big it is almost bursting her face.  She is so far ahead of what they are doing, but she just loves being there and soaking up the scholastic energy.  I am so happy for her!
Ben is still adjusting to boring life at home with just mom.  He hopes every day that I have clients so he can watch movies.  He also cheerfully made (almost) all 700 trips to Home Depot with me or dad.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh man, I can't believe Libby said that. Actually I can but I am super glad the teacher was so chill about it.

Sweet Utah said...

Catching up (not that I was really behind) is giving me serious withdrawals!! Christmas seems really far away still. We miss you guys!