Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 14, 2014

This Week in Pictures...

This week is a blur of trips to Home Depot.  Literally, hundreds.  Between putting shelves in the lockers I bought for Ben's room and putting up the shelf on the opposite wall, I felt like every 10 minutes I was either rushing there myself or sending Derek.  Poor guy.  He did get a new drill and a riveter out of the process.  But still, it felt like drudgery.  I am still hesitant to post the official before and after pictures, even though I moved him back in last night.  I still have a few finishing touches in decor, and some furniture to find/create.  So, stay tuned.  Maybe next week?  But the worst (I think) is behind me.  
I have started taking pictures of the things I need at Home depot.  Makes it easier to remember...because I don't have to.  



I had to text this picture to Derek to make sure he got the right bracket.  


Also had to text him a picture of this bin to make sure he got more of the same.  

Ben's finished motto.  The day after he finished it, when my first client got here he rushed her upstairs to see his "motto".  I don't think he knows what the word means, or what this motto even says, but he is excited about it.  For those who might not know, Dan Gable is a very famous wrestling coach.  The round thing in white is a wrestling mat.

This shelf seriously almost killed me.  I am not done with the stuff on the top or underneath (this is where the missing furniture pieces will go.)  But the shelf is basically level and I got the bleacher-ish look that I was going for.  I am stoked to be finished with this.  And thankful to my YW presidency who advised me to go for it.  

Libby and Ben helping me shop for accessories.  I didn't buy these chairs...

No comments: