Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Quick Week in Review

What I wish I was posting are the before and after pics of Ben's room.  I am SOOOO close.  But not quite there.  I made it to IKEA this week and Derek helped me put the final pieces together.  But of course I can't use them just as they came.  I am putting shelves instead of bins inside one of the things I bought and I still need to put up the light fixture.  So, next week.  I promise.  Maybe even mid-week.  Because I need to start scraping the popcorn ceilings in the living room to make way for the new lighting going in.  (Last project of the summer....or that should have been finished during the summer.)

This week felt like a normal school week is probably going to feel like.  A little busier than I would like it to be, but fun.  And it went really, really fast.
Libby proved she can tie her own shoes!  But she still can't get them tight enough.  This girl likes all shoes SUPER tight.  Which is a problem with Sunday shoes.  Sigh.  

We are having some fun mornings because I have decided not to do anything but workout and read my scriptures before school.  (No cleaning or projecting which tends to leave me frustrated and unsatisfied.)  The only less fun part is when Libby has to do any homework that includes writing.  Especially if her brother and sister are around distracting her.  Ugh.  

Ben had 2 playdates this week. He loved it, but it wore him out!

Yesterday during Sarah's dance class Libby wanted me to take pictures of her with the mannequins at Old Navy.  

Ben didn't want to be left out.

Libby wanted me to post this, to prove that she loves dogs.  She wanted me to post it right then, LOL. 

Sarah tried out for the Nutcracker at our studio for the first time yesterday.  Libby tried out too, but wasn't interested in leaving her number on for a picture.  They will both be Bon Bons this year (pretty sure that everyone who tries out makes it...)

We finished the week with the Husky game yesterday.  A DATE!  (With Clark).  The first half was pretty ugly.  The Huskies went down 0-14 to a team that in its 5 years of existence has only won 1 game.  But the Huskies came out looking much better in the 2nd half.  Whew.  (Derek feels it is because the coaching staff heard him yelling through his improvised megaphone (coke cup) to put in Lindquist (back up quarterback).  Which the coaches immediately did and the team scored!)

No comments: