Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 8, 2015

District Wrestling Results

I was proud of my kids this weekend.  All 3 biological ones, and the 20 wrestling ones.  If you haven't been to a wrestling tournament, it is a bit of slog.  They last for HOURS.  And in this one, we had 20 wrestlers.  So I wasn't being very present as a parent.  I was busy watching wrestling.  But the Norton kids managed to entertain themselves quite well.  Libby helped out at the concession stand.  (Not sure where she got this idea, but I am pretty sure she invited herself.  We just noticed her there helping on a trip to the bathroom.)
Sarah entertained herself in various ways, hanging out with the managers.  Both girls did some origami project with the managers (I think--that is what it looked like).  Ben played with his truck and chatted occasionally with wrestlers or daddy.  His favorite part of the day was the finals, when the closed off half of the gym.  Ben went to the deserted half and had a blast running in the bleachers.  The Edmonds Woodway Coach's mom used the kids to help deliver food to the table help.  They all 3 pestered Aunt Maren for her electronics.  She graciously bought them Harry Potter to watch.  We got a good hour break from whining (at least) from this purchase.  I think I don't give them enough credit for how hard it would be a to be a kid in the bleachers for an all day tournament.  Only 3 more days to go.  Sigh.  
As for my wrestling boys, I was proud.  And disappointed, and proud and happy and depressed and elated and worried and nervous and upset and horrified and so many emotions I was exhausted by the end.  There were SO many close matches.  And SO many losses in the heartbreak rounds.  We had some guys really really wrestle so well.  Some of them still lost in painful, last second ways that will hurt for days.  There were 2 guys in particular that really, really could have won and advanced.  One is a freshman, that one I can accept.  But one is a senior.  And he was SO close.
Excited for next weekend to watch Braden (1st), Erik (1st), Erca (2nd), Fidele (2nd) & Rhaye (4th).  And hoping my heart can handle it!
Harry Potter Time

Erca went over to chat with Ben.  It was adorable!

Dad and Ben

Grammy brought hair color for the girls. 

Apparently Libby eats the top off her TWIX bars first.  

One of Derek's wrestlers, now reffing.  Fun to see our boys grown up!

No comments: