Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Master Bath...Still NOT FINISHED

I have a lot to learn.  Patience is one of the things.  I feel like I have learned a little bit.  And my yoga and meditation is definitely helping me to calm down.  But I still have a hard time waiting.  I was doing really well with the Master Bath project.  I moved us all into the other bathroom.  I was taking the wallpaper scraping one day at a time.  We had 6 weeks until the shower installation.  Then, they called on a Friday and said they were coming the next Thursday.  YIKES!  I kicked it into high gear!
I rode Derek until he took off the countertop.  I patched and sanded.  I primed and painted.  Derek picked up one faucet, and then another.  I later picked up 2 more--couldn't decide!  We couldn't find the right one! Then, it took me 3 tries to get the correct paint color.  And I discovered that a 30 inch towel rod isn't something you can just buy.  In the store.  Must be purchased online. Silver lining (so I thought) the countertop I ordered came in!  Then, I was forced out of the room for the shower install.  I thought it was rough when the shower installation took 3 days instead of 2.   I thought I might go crazy trying to put up the lights.  I was fuming with impatience when we put on the countertop to check it and I had to scrape more of the cement (that was behind the tile countertop we removed) and fix the walls.  But, it was all looking like it was going to come together.  I found a matching faucet, toilet paper holder, 18 inch towel bar and 30 INCH TOWEL BAR on Homedepot.com.  (The faucet was out of stock, but don't worry I found it elsewhere).  THEN we put the countertop on.
AND IT WAS BROKEN.  Just one little corner.  But the little corner that is the most OBVIOUS.
Called Home Depot.  No problem, they will order us a new one.  15 days.  UGH!
Finally today, we moved back into the shower (which is AWESOME!  No more staring at moldy grout, and no water temp changes if someone flushes or washes!).  But since the towel rack hasn't arrived yet, we have nowhere to hang towels.  And we have no faucet and no countertop (well the broken one is still sitting on the vanity).  Oh yeah, and we still don't have a mirror.  Details.
I am learning to wait.
And Derek has committed me to NO MORE PROJECTS until April...even though I have already started removing the wallpaper in the other bathroom since we moved up the showerhead and had to repair the hole...want to place bets to see if I can wait?
My new goal is to finish our bathroom by March.  Maybe March 15th.

No comments: