Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kid-isms

This week the kids had some great quotes.

Libby sat down to eat this delicious Beef and Barley Stew and said, "Just looking at this makes me want to throw up."  I was so wishing Derek was home to handle that one.  But don't worry, I gave her a strong talking to and made her eat it.  It was amazing!

Ben at the same meal.  Enjoying his bread/mask.

Libby chewing a delicious bite of stew.

Love this little face!  On the way into my physical on Thurs. I offered him my hand.  Then I took it away again to lock the car.  He said, "You're KILLING me mom! I'm trying to hold your hand!"
He also left Derek and I in the bathroom one night after we brushed his teeth.  "Goodbye SUCKERS!"
Poor guy is also being subjected to (and loves) movies that are way too old for him, like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  He woke up in the night last night yelling, "Get out of my ear SNAKE!"  He was really freaking out.  My bad!

Libby really wanted me to bring out and plug in our Sentsy air freshener the other day.  I said that I didn't want to deal with it, so NO.  Yesterday, low and behold what is plugged in and full of scent?  Hmmmm....
This girl is full of spunk!
(Also, she loved the Valentine's dinner and proclaimed that I am the best cook ever.  Wish she would remember that all the time!)

This week I got the exciting news that Sarah's 2 mornings of testing were worth it.  She tested into the Highly Capable program in our district (which is luckily at our school!).  I was so excited.  I told her, and she burst into tears.  She is so sad about not being able to be with all of her friends.  Poor thing.  It was the same argument I made to my parents.  But I am pretty sure that I am going to talk her into HiCap.  Especially because one of her cutest little friends will be in the HiCap program too.  Plus, the one thing we have been learning, is that friends move away!  So we have to make the best decision for our education--regardless of the friend issue.  

No comments: