Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

True Love

I love Valentine's Day.  Mostly because I love pink and red and telling people I love them.  I overcommitted this Valentine's week.  I started teaching my classes again.  I got in all 4 yoga practice sessions, I had 3 new client sessions, and I taught buddy school.  In my efforts to heal my hip, I had a massage, a chiro, acupuncture, and my annual physical.  And I wanted to make all the yummy Valentine treats I could!
So, I was up at 5 am on the 13th (the day we celebrated) finishing up Valentine prep with a final batch of sugar cookies, muffins for breakfast, and a batch of cinnamon caramels for my aerobics peeps on Saturday.  Cinnamon scented love was in the air!
Until the kids got to hungry waiting for Derek to get home from wrestling and we started Valentine's dinner without him.  But other than that...it was a good day.
On the actual Valentine's Day, we went to regional wrestling...a true act of love.  (Another post on that topic...)
Cookies for Sarah's class



Our Candlelight Dinner (we ate Salmon which the kids call "Pink Fish")

Valentine glasses from Grandma Debbi

Derek got me a chocolate fountain instead of flowers because I think flowers are a mess to deal with.  Imagine my surprise (and Derek's) when the fountain erupted, spewing chocolate all over him and the room.  One of the funniest things I have ever seen.  But not as fun to clean up.




No comments: