Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Sweet--Not Sweet Valentine's Day

When we started Whole30 when we did, I realized we would overlap Valentine's Day.  I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.  But the entire day I smelled brownies.  Seriously, from somewhere.  And everyone posting their chocolates and yummy foods, killer.  But we made it!
And we had some heart shaped treats.  Just of the meat and fruit variety.


For breakfast?  Bacon.  Nothing sweeter.  I started planning their gifts right when we started whole30 so that they wouldn't be sad they didn't get candy.  Flashing V-day rings, earrings (for the girls) and new swimsuits.  Very exciting.  And I got Derek (or in other words myself) a giant canvas of our family Christmas picture.  

Appetizers, shrimp hearts.  Derek and I ate them all.  Our kids, who used to eat all the shrimp on the platter at parties, have decided they don't like shrimp.  Bad timing when your choices are so limited.  

And the Italian Whole30 Meatloaf.  Yum!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I love that you made heart-shaped meatloaf :) The tradition goes on. Great work. I hope this empowers all of you, and all of us.