Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Rhino Mid-Season Awards Night

One of the fun things about being involved in Rhinos again has been seeing some of the events/ideas that I started carrying on. This week was the Mid-Season Stampede!  I thought this event up to help build momentum and energy for freestyle season and at the same time recognize the best folk style wrestlers. They even still use the "Charging Rhino" certificate I created. My event had a rootbeer keg and a few more people. But, they 1 upped me in a major way. 3 wrestlers from each practice location got a trophy! And one of those trophies went home with us!!!  The coaches at MP gave SARAH the sportsmanship award. I ended up being the one presenting our awards, and I got a little weepy. I'm proud of all of our kids and their work on the wrestling mat this season. 
Sarah with Coach Alford

 

No comments: