Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 24, 2019

A Furniture Frenzy

Well, finally in March we got the "retro check" (back pay since Seattle PD finally got a new contract).    So I've been busy spending it!  Thankfully our washer (which felt like an earthquake each time it spun) held out until the retro check came.  It started spitting brownish water out from the underside each load.  So we got a new washer dryer set.  It was installed this week.  I literally had to walk into the laundry room multiple times just to see if it was actually working because it was so quiet!  YES! 
Another project....last year I was into a Family Room project when Derek ended up needing surgery and I just stopped.
I had bought a couch I didn't love (maybe actually hated), and I just left it.  I also still needed one more chair to complete the room.
The old chair situation

Walking through Fred Meyer last week I found this awesome couch.  It was the right color, size, depth, softness, and it was on SALE!  Wahoo!  Replaced the hated couch.  

The red bench is dying, the pleather is flaking off.  So that's on my list too. One (or I guess last week 2 things) at a time.  

The leather chair on in the first picture had to go because, while lovely, when you sit in it, you gradually slide off onto the floor.  So uncomfortable.  I love the chair on the right.  But I found it at Home Goods and they only had 1.  So I finally made an IKEA run last Saturday and bought the Strandmon chair of a similar color.  Loving the comfort. 
  Come on over!  The family room is now comfy!


No comments: