Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Happy Spirit Week

Last year I decided that a Spirit Week would be a good way for the students to use all their Spirit Day ideas at Meridian Park.  Turned out to be a pretty stressful, but fun week.  So we did it again this year. 
Skits written (mostly) by students on Mondays during lunch.  Sadly I got no pictures!  It was really fun though.  We got some good laughs, and even had a little choreography at the end!
In the skits we introduce the Spirit Days for the week.
On Tuesday we did "It's Pawsitively Pawesome to be a Cheetah."  I can get a pic of this tomorrow.  Many classes had their kids write on a paw something they love about being a cheetah.  Then we put them up in the halls.  It is really cool what kids wrote.
Wednesday was the Student Store (thankfully I delegated that one away last year)!
Thursday:  Book Character Day
I love reusing Halloween costumes! And, since we just read Peter Pan, it was appropriate that Ben was Captain Hook. His friend Juliet also dressed up!  

I was Robinhood, and Sarah was Cleopatra (we swapped costumes from last Halloween).  Libby was Ginny Weasley I think.  The one thing I learned is that I should wear a cape more often.  I loved it. 
Friday was Cheetah Swag day.  I put a lot of work into making sure we gave out lots of free Cheetah Tattoos and stickers, but I had to do the work before hand and have other teachers help out, because I was at a training.  Boo.  It was a hectic day because Libby ended up going to the dentist (thanks to Grandpa) and having a tooth pulled because her permanent tooth was popping out the side. Then she wanted me to come get her from school because it hurt.  Anyway, it was a busy day, but no pictures!  (And you don't want a picture of the inside of Libby's mouth, trust me!)

No comments: