Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Happy Birthday to ME!

 COVID derailed my normal birthday trip with my long distance friends Jen & Emmi.  So my quarantine community stepped up.  Whitney and Maren and I had a little getaway to Whidbey Island. It was a top notch ladies trip!  

We explored Fort Casey

We shopped Coupeville! 

We did some fine dining--takeout anyone? 

Pampering.  

We actually got to "dine in" outside at a restaurant.  Remember how at a restaurant they bring you chips and salsa?  I forgot about that!  It was chilly--(they gave me the seat by the heater) but it was awesome. 

The house we rented was a former officers quarter house.  It was cute and SO clean.  (I know how clean the floor is because I spilled an entire giant cup of water on kitchen floor.  We had to mop it up with white bath towels it was so much.  And the towels came away clean.  I shudder to think what would happen if you ran a white bath towel along my kitchen floor--in good times. Side note, the water spilling happened at 6 am.  Sorry Whit.)  But the house was super fun.  A favorite decor piece was the cross stitch that said: This took forever. 

I will say the top bunk was almost falling into the bottom when I slept on it...but I didn't crush Maren's face, so it worked out okay.  

I got to pick the movie.  Had to educate Whitney.  She had never seen this gem! 

Happy birthday girl! 

Fort Casey guard duty. 

So this puzzle was the real story of the weekend.  We probably spent 10 hours on it.  I 'm looking at my watch because it was 4 minutes past checkout and we were still trying.  I hate to leave unfinished business, but this was a tough puzzle!  Seriously.  And 1000 pieces in 2.5 days?  Not gonna happen.  So next time, we take a 500 piecer! 



We did a little hiking around Deception Pass. #workitpnw

YES!  I love this view.  But it feel super scary at the same time.  Cars rushing past right next to you! 

The "dine in" and final shopping was in lovely Mt. Vernon.  Seriously--the PNW rocks, and so does my community.  I am ready to start a new year--thankful for what this last year brought me.  


No comments: