Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy New Year! Bring on 2021

 I started to blog last week--then had to teach Relief Society.  (I really enjoyed preparing for teaching the lesson--but really have a hard time teaching spiritual things on zoom...in the way I feel like I can teach secular things...but I digress). Then we had a great family goal setting meeting.  Then Maren hurt her hand when she fell in her driveway and I spent the rest of the afternoon with her at urgent care.  It was a pretty intense wound.  

Anyway, before that--yes, 2021 got off to an intense start--we have a fun and typical NYE.  We always stay home and fondue.  And Derek always works.  So, things felt relatively normal.  (Derek was driving the paddy wagon for a protest instead of guarding the Space Needle--so that was new and so perfect for 2020.) Maren and the Hardies joined us--so it was pretty perfect to welcome in 2021 with the people that made 2020 doable.  

I made fondue with real Swiss cheeses and it was scrumptious!  The chocolate fountain was a mix of chocolate wafers we bought for Maren's kid entertainment day (where they made stir sticks) and chocolate chips with coconut oil to make it really liquid.  It was so yummy.

Libby worked some magic and got all the kids dressed and beautiful.  (I was still in sweats, don't worry.) 









After eating we played charades and then the "strips of paper" game where you put in famous people and then do 3 rounds of guessing them.  Then the kids ran off and the adults played a 30 second mystery game.  I don't want to toot my own horn...but I got 13 and the other adults playing each got 12.  So I eked out a narrow victory.  We rang in the NY at about 10:00.  Lots of confetti and horn blowing.  



When we did our toasts to the New Year, there is a lot to look forward to.  And a lot to be thankful for.  Cheers to our immunity community.  Cheers to the vaccine.  Cheers to online learning working--pretty well.  Cheers to our health so far through this pandemic.  And cheers to fresh starts (and to no Martinelli's explosions in the temporary kitchen). 



No comments: