Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Welcome White Lightning!

 Derek has been ready for a new vehicle for years.  His truck was a 2009 and he has been looking at (and occasionally showing me) options for quite awhile.  I wasn't ready.  But since he is hitting 15 years on the department he will be getting a raise this month.  And let's be honest, it's also because I drove his truck recently in the rain and saw Libby experience the puddle that develops on the floor of the passenger side I was also ready.  

So we looked on a day when school was cancelled for power, and there was no inventory anywhere around.  Then, exactly a week later, on a school night--White Lightning (as it is now known) showed up at a dealership about 30 minutes north.  We headed up to "drive" (which in our language means "buy") it.

When we were test driving, we turned down a random side street and ended up turning into a Mormon church parking lot to turn around.  A sign...haha.  So we did the deal.  I didn't bring the checkbook.  But they let us sign all the papers and bring the check up the next day.  Of course I had to bring the check up because Derek ended up having a call that took 13 hours of overtime or something like that. 

They gave us a good deal on Derek's truck trade.  And this Yukon is smooth.  So smooth.  I'm jealous.  He deserves it.  He's always had the less nice vehicle.  I'm a little worried about not having a truck in the family--but I guess we will rent a trailer if we really need to haul anything.




No comments: