Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Word of the Year

 So last year, my word of the year was SPACE.  Well--I certianly got that in ways I never expected.  I was ready to throw in the towel on the word of the year thing. 

But then I read Brene Brown's Gifts of Imperfection...which led me to a book she talks about called Play by Stuart Brown.  And I realized that what I really need is to take it easy more often.  I need to play. Play just to play.

So that's my word. Play.  Play the guitar.  Play the piano.  And just play!  Puzzle (which I have rediscovered how much I love).  Play games with the kids.  Get more down time.  My body and mind need it.  They are telling me in no uncertain terms. 

Ben's souvenir from my trip was this game--Suspend.  So fun!  

We all have a good time when we play.  (I've played it with him twice now!) Go me! 

I've got a new puzzle going downstairs too! 

No comments: