Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Awards & Celebration!

 Thursday was a jam packed day (which is why I didn't bother to check in for my flight until 9:30 pm.) 

First we had the Shoreline Public Schools Foundation lunch.  In honor of Geneva, and all the service she gave the district and foundation Maren did a matching Norton family gift--so we all went to the luncheon.  It was awesome--the speaker with Rick Stevenson (movie producer).  He gave such a great and polished presentation.  I'm so glad to be a Norton!

Then that night Derek & his squad mates got the Medal of Honor from the Seattle Police Department for their response to the Ingram High School.   I was so glad that I'd gotten plane tickets for Friday instead of Thursday--(haha, joke was on me, since I hadn't gotten the correct tickets anyway) so I could go.
Derek, Kieran and Breanna

Norton contingency

Derek explaining the incident on the video. 

Bodycam footage from the video

Derek's pic--look how cool that they put images from the city into the pic...they let you pick what image you wanted.  Derek got Husky Stadium

Libby helped me with my makeup and lent me a purse from her vast collection

Luckily/sadly the wrestling match that was supposed to be in between these events was cancelled since someone forgot to order the bus.  
One more week of wrestling.  We can make it.  (Then I leave for Florida on the next day.) 

No comments: