Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Midwinter Break

 We decided to start our Midwinter break fun on the Sunday after state.  Bad call.  We needed a recovery day.  But originally I was going to try to go to FL for the last few days of the break, so yeah. 

We unpacked and repacked and headed to Birch Bay after church and meetings. 

We ended up having a nice time (after I got some good sleep including naps.) 

Lots of swimming for the kids with Maren & Cara and co.  (I got in the hot tub and my skin wasn't very happy with me--but some benadryl helped.)

We had a family dinner and a bit of a birthday celebration for me (belated) and Emma. I played some fun Code Names with Grammy, Emma & kids.  The others played Red Flags. 



On Tuesday we headed up to Canada.  We shopped and ate at Granville Island.  For dinner we met up with one of my favorite former co-workers Matt Alford & family.









Wednesday we headed back home.  We unpacked again and caught up on life & sleep.  (I had a cold at this point...so I slept as much as I could.). We spent a couple of days chilling, shopping, doing labs for Dr. Cooper, school prep, etc.  Then on Sunday we drove to Corvallis OR to watch the Stanford Oregon State wrestling match.  It was my first time watching college wrestling (we went to a Highline match long ago--but I spent the whole time chasing kids). It was very interesting.  We took Hunter so he could chat with the coach about walking on.  It was a fun and hilarious road trip.  

Then, time to get back to the business of real life on Monday! 


This wasn't the final score, but Stanford got destroyed.  They only won one match. 



We ate lunch at Elmer's a fun diner in Corvallis. 


No comments: