Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, June 27, 2008

Our Garden!




This week the garden was our big project. We cleared this plot of land in our backyard. It was the easiest to clear, and it gets the best sun! It was a flowerbed, so we moved some bulbs of some kind, two lilac bushes (all Derek), and two other bushes. I did some serious weeding. Then, we planted! It is a bit late, but in WA this summer, it has been cold up until now, so hopefully it will be okay. We got our plants at 50% off too! We planted tomatoes (roma and beefsteak), beans, corn, cucumbers, zuchinni, squash, one potato, and a bunch of herbs. I am so excited to watch the stuff grow!



Also, I planted a couple of flowers. I am so my mother's daughter. Petunias :) And this sunflowerish looking flower like she plants, but I can't remember the name.

No comments: