Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life is Like a Rollercoaster

Everything about my life right now is like a rollercoaster. Start with the contours of my body...that is an absolute hilly ride. But while Derek and I were on our hospital tour on Tuesday night I was like--wow, we have been standing in this line to get on this rollercoaster again--and now I think I changed my mind! A baby was born while we were standing outside one of the doors and hearing that newborn cry I was freaked out! At the same time I feel like I am already on the rollercoaster (still having multiple contractions today, and some this evening were pretty strong, I am now dilated to a 3 1/2) but we keep getting up that big hill and then stopping at the top. Man, how much longer can I go on like this? I am up at 4:45 am for a baby feeding already even though she is still inside, so she might as well hurry up and get here!

3 comments:

Packer Family said...

Hang in There! I hope you go soon!!! So are waking up to eat yourself? or to feed libby? I was confused.

heidi said...

You and Derek are going to be awesome parents to the new baby, Trish!! I can not wait to see you with BOTH of your girls!!! Hope that labor starts soon (squats! Squats!--at least, that's what our birth teacher told us to do)

Megan said...

Hang in there!