Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome Baby Sarah!



Baby Sarah decided to make her appearance! And when she decided, she really was ready. She was born on Tuesday evening at 9:53 pm after about 5 total hours of labor, only 13 minutes of pushing! It was kind of wild and crazy labor, with some seriously long contractions, hyperventilation, and a failed epidural, but we made it.


Stats:

Weight 6 lbs. 15 oz.

Height 20 inches


She is already shaping up to be a good eater (it looks like so far). This is a huge relief after Libby. Libby loves her sister! Dave is going to post the best video of this love and I will link it later today.


I need to get pictures from those who took them, because I have only a few that aren't so good. But here is one so that you can see our new larger family (Libby was growling in this picture, btw--hence the strange face).

8 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats Trish! I am so excited for you! Keep us posted with lots of pictures!

mrn said...

I'll share all my pics of that AMAZING little Sarah! I foresee more Libby growling in the future. I love it!

Packer Family said...

Congratulations!!! She looks like a little sweet heart! I can't wait to see more pictures and that video! I'm glad everything went well and I'm sorry your epidural failed, ouch!

Lisa Merkley said...

CONGRATS!! There must be something about a Sarah. Mine had the SAME STATS...minus 1/4 inch! I'm so excited for you. The best part about having two is to watch the relationship that builds between the first one and the second one. I'm sure they will be best friends!

Sleepless In St. George said...

Congrats...and on Aunt Sissy and cousin Neil's birthday too! She is adorable! Hopefully the eating will continue to go well!

heidi said...

You all look so wonderful! How are you feeling, Trish? How is Libby doing?
Sarah is so cute.

Mike said...

Well done!! Hope Libby learns to share and doesn't figure out how to cause trouble while Sarah is being tended to. Glad she made an earlier appearance for you, too!

the Rew Crew said...

Fabulous name choice!!

Congrats on the healthy birth (though quick labors are not fun-and no epidural--ouch!) of little Sarah. Can't wait to meet her!