Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, October 10, 2008

Waiting for Baby

Well, there is a part of me that is starting to get frustrated with the waiting thing (no surprise here) but I am seeing some benefits. I was super worried about how I was going to nurse because Libby had not been at all interested in being read to, which I keep hearing is the #1 way to entertain child 1 while you nurse child 2. All of a sudden in the past couple of days she has had a total change of heart. She wants to be read to all the time! She doesn't just grab the book and start eating it or slapping it. She actually wants you to read it to her and she looks at the pictures and responds to what you read. Her favorite book is Hey Diddle Diddle. Wow am I going to get tired of that dish running away with the spoon, but I am feeling blessed with this new development.

2 comments:

Packer Family said...

That's wonderful! Caden has had a few favorites in his time and I got mighty sick of them, one time I actually hid a book so he would pick a different one! Good luck with everything, I hope it happens soon! Also, if it helps, I would nurse during Cadens snack time, that way he was busy eating and I could nurse in peace. I used the books too and little 15 minute videos like PBS stuff. Ok one more tip and then I stop my mommy ramble. Pick a couple of toys that she likes right now and hide them in a closet when she isn't looking, then in a few weeks you can pull them out one at a time when you need a moment to nurse! I'm done now:)

heidi said...

I know a lot of moms with 2 + babes who nurse using a ring-sling. They put the baby in the sling and let the baby nurse and have hands-free for playing with/ reading to the older child.
Oh, and I'm getting impatient too! I want your babe to be born SOON.