Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Milestone!

Today I let Libby out of the stroller at the park. She walked around and played on the big toy, even going down one slide on her own because I accidentally let go too early. (This pregnant body couldn't get down on the slide fast enough!) Anyway, the big milestone is that she did all of this WITHOUT PUTTING THINGS IN HER MOUTH! In reality she did pick up ONE woodchip and ONE pinecone, but she was more interested in playing than in eating everything in sight. HOORAY! She is growing up!
Then, she lost one of her new shoes on the walk home. 5 hours later a prayer and a tennis player at the park helped me find it in a place I never would have looked. What a day.

A day, however, with NO contractions. I guess I will carry little Sarah to term. I am wondering if she is still in there because tomorrow I am teaching a primary in-service lesson and the president is praying I will be there to teach it. Oh well, I can handle being pregnant a little longer. What can I do? I drank 3 pots of rasperry tea today and it doesn't seem to help.

4 comments:

Packer Family said...

Congratulations!! I love when they start really playing outside! It makes it a lot more fun! P.S. I hear that Castor oil works but I've never tried it!

Sleepless In St. George said...

Yeah for Libby...I carried all my babies a week over...until the last doctor took mercy and induced me a week early...he figured if I was going to be induced (I was with all 4) I might as well be induced early! Good luck....we can't wait to see little Sarah!

Laney said...

So exciting that you're getting so close to having Sarah! I can't wait for the pics and to see how Libby handles her little sibling.

Lisa Merkley said...

Dare I even say that you should take advantage of the sleep (however restless) that you get now?!?! :) Hope she gets here soon!