Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lilbbyisms


Oh Libby. Where to even begin. I feel like lately almost everything she says is so cute or hilarious I could post it. But here are some of my favorites.
She was playing with my brother Nick and they were taking turns being the doctor and the patient. Nick told her that he was very sick and needed to see the doctor. She stopped and looked at him and said, "Do you have an appoinment?"
When our family friend Melissa was over the other day with auntie Rachel, Libby went to get her ballet shoes so she could show them her dancing. I guess in her excitement she didn't realize she needed to go potty. She came running into the kitchen (wearing a very short dress) and said, sticking her bootie out toward me, "Mommy, guess what's missing? PANTIES! I wet them." And I could see that she was telling the truth. She pointed out where she wet and then proceeded to show Melissa and Rachel her dancing without panties until I got the mess cleaned up and retrieved some clean panties from the bedroom where Sarah was sleeping. Oh my.
Last night Derek took us to dinner for New Year's. He has been working lots and the girls haven't seen him much. In the car Libby exclaimed, "Oh Daddy, I am so excited to be with you!!!"
Libby is now in Sunbeams. She was very adamant that she didn't want to leave nursery, but then when Reid was leaving, she thought she had better go too. And she enjoyed it. She has a hard time getting excited about anything new. But, once she gets involved in the experience, she is usually quite happy about it.
Last night on the way home from dinner Libby told us a very coherent story, probably the first time ever. The story was about Prince Reid and Prince Gideon who came to marry Princess Libby and Princess Sarah.
One of my unofficial resolutions is to blog more often so that I remember to write the funny things that they say.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Grandma Debbi loves Libby!