Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sarah and the Octupus

I am not sure when the whole octupus thing started with Sarah. I think it was sometime around Christmas. She just comes up to me, or Derek, or anyone, and says, "I saw an octupus. A red octupus." I hear it at least once a day I would guess. If you ask her where she saw it, she usually says, "At the zoo." Hmmm. I wonder if this octupus is anything like a Snufflupugus (sp?).
Anyway, tonight at dinner Derek was having Libby make rhymes. It was her first time doing it, and she was doing a great job. Sarah was enjoying it too, every time Derek would say, what rhymes with "leg", Sarah would say "OCTUPUS!" Finally, Libby got fed up and said, "No Sarah, Octupus rhymes with Choctupus, not leg." A good solution I thought. But, it didn't stop Sarah from interjecting "OCTUPUS!" into the conversation about 10 more times. Libby would just respond "CHOCTUPUS!" and go on rhyming with her daddy.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

So fun! Right up Grandma Debbi's alley. Makes me think "How about..." "Egypt!" It's awesome that Libby can rhyme, and that Sarah is enamored of that red octopus. Hugs all around!!