Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Week in Review

The more kids I have, the less I can do. Or should I say, the more easily I get overwhelmed by the things I have to do, and the bigger messes they can make while I am trying to get things done. It has been one of those busy weeks, where there was more to do than I thought I could manage. But I have almost made it. Just a birthday party to get ready for and host in a few hours. It is hard, though, to let go of any of the fun things on my to do list. Here is what we did this week (keep in mind that I am pregnant if the list seems short and easy to accomplish)...
Monday: Taught zumba, went to Costco while Derek went to the Chiropractor. Then tutored one of my former students in Czech, he is heading off for a study abroad in a few days. (So jealous!) Then went to the Shorewood v. Meadowdale match (which was a particularly instense match and painful loss.)
Tuesday: Taught bodystep and filmed some zumba songs. (If you want to see the zumba songs go to youtube.com and search for thezumbatrish ). During the afternoon I started sorting out the little girl clothes to give away, consign, etc. We had playdate with a friend who has a newborn girl so we could give her some of the clothes. That evening I went to enrichment night.
Wednesday: I did preschool with the girls in the morning. A most unsuccessful endeavor. Sarah has been in a mood and I tried too many new things. Then I went to yoga. During class, a little hema..something on my ear started bleeding profusely. I gave the instructor quite a fright.
In the afternoon I continued to sort the baby clothes, then taught the wrestlers some zumba and yoga.
Thursday: I had a burst of cleaning energy before Libby's dance class so I finished sorting the baby clothes. Then rushed to dance class, got there late and forgot Libby's dance bag. Grr. Also forgot the Target return. But managed to go to Ross, Marshalls, and Micheals to run some of my errands. Then we picked up Libby, swung by home to pick up Target returns and then went to Target for some shopping, returns, and Pizza Hut. I folded laundry when we got home and then taught BodyPump. We couldn't make it to the wrestling match after BodyPump, so we got Burger King and had a girls night. Sarah and I got lots of bonding, since she took a nap she wouldn't go to sleep. She is really testing boundaries these days.
Friday: We had a lovely playdate with the Fillmores then Emmi and I went to water aerobics. I tutored my student again, then spent some time getting ready for the zumba fundraiser on Saturday night. Derek came home and I went to my consignment appt. and left about 1/3 of what I brought. (About 1/3 was "too summery" and 1/3 not what they needed.) We had dinner and went to bed pretty early. Whew.
Saturday: The girls got up at 6. boo. I was in desparate need of talk preparation time, zumbathon prep time, and cleaning time before I taught step. Didn't get it. Luckily Derek was home and so he took the girls to the gym early so I got a little alone time. Then taught step, came home, showered and headed to Pike Place to meet my friend Laney who was in town will just a few hours to hang out. Then back home, prepped for Zumbathon and danced the night away. (As much as a tired pregnant girl can.)
Sunday: The girls got up at 6:30. Seriously, what is their deal! No talk prep time again! But I practiced my talk with them climbing all over me. I gave the talk in sacrament meeting, then the Fillmore/Norton family troupe sang. Everyone thought we coordinated outfits, but we were just cooincidentally matchy matchy. Now, the birthday party and done. Next week looks much less busy. Whew.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Just so you know, you did a lovely job on your talk today! It left me with lots of good things to ponder and some of the things you shared (e.g., not giving in to appeasement, fighting the necessary battles with the Lord's battle plan) I think will permanently change (for the better)the way I approach things in my life.

So even if you didn't feel like you got enough time to work on your talk the Spirit did the rest of the work for you. Just wanted to say thanks! Emily C.

Debbi said...

I remember those days well. I'm proud of you and all you do. I'm glad you're able to stop and smell the roses once in a while, too :)

Nancy said...

You wear me out just reading it. Wow--you always were a doer!

Laney said...

Wow! A crazy week. Thanks again for fitting me in and coming all the way downtown. It was really fun to catch up. Im glad to hear the zumba benefit and talk went well!