Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sarahisms


The girls have had so many fun people around to entertain, and they have been stellar and cute. They have had so many funny things to say.


Today at church Sarah was looking intently up at me. "What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Your big nose." She said. Thanks.


The other night Derek was telling her Ariel for her bed time story. She stopped him and told him that he wasn't getting it right. He asked if she wanted to tell the story. "Yes," she said...and proceeded to ramble for 10 minutes. I swear that she said the names Ariel, Eric and Sebastian about 50 times each. She also said something that sounded like "King Triton looked like a rooster." I was so thankful when she finally said, "And they lived happily ever after!"


Last night I took Sarah in for her prayers. She was in bed sucking her thumb and holding her blanket right away. I said, "Okay, say your prayers." She pulled out her thumb and said, "Oh! I need to pull out my thumb!" Then launched into her prayer.


Lately she holds a Sleeping Beauty doll in her hand all day. It is her 2nd security object, right after her blanket. She often prays that Sarah and Sleeping Beauty will sleep well at night.
One of the most frequent phrases over the last few weeks comes when you ask her if she wants something. She almost always responds by saying, "Ummm, No thanks."
She has a little trouble with the concept of when you say you want some "of" something. So she just makes sure to always say it. "I want some of milk." "I want some of juice." "I want some of crackers." etc. It is always hard not to smile.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Grandma Debbi loves Sarah!!