Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Libby and the Belly

When I was pregnant, Libby was very interested in my belly. She would touch it and kiss it, very cute.
When I came home from the hospital, she got very confused. Ben was here (she thanked me frequently for bringing Ben home from the hospital) but I still had a belly.
Then she got my first glimpse of my post baby belly..."THAT'S DISGUSTING!" she proclaimed.
This week she paid me a great compliment. She patted her belly to indicate a nice flat stomach and said, "Mom, your belly is starting to go back!"
But then she saw my belly later that day and said, "but it is still disgusting."
Thanks Libby!

She is a master of telling it like it is. Today in church I ate some Cheezits. She came back from the bathroom, and I said something to her. She got a whiff of my breath, covered her face and said, "WHAT IS THAT? WHAT DID YOU EAT? EWWWW!" Oh I love her.

No comments: