Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer Adventures

For the first part of this year I thought we would never have summer.  Now it is here in full force.  So, we are taking advantage of it!  We decided to try a few of the 31 flavors the other night.  Sarah chose mint chocolate chip and she ate every bite of her huge cone.  Libby chose cherry jubilee and she ate all of hers too!
I enjoyed pistachio almond (and I am sure Ben enjoyed it a few hours later :).


Then yesterday we went to Matthew's Beach on Lake Washington (thanks Auntie Jen for suggesting it!).  It was really nice to bask in the sun.  Jen took the girls out in the water in their life jackets.  After I fed Ben, he got his first "front facing" ride in the front pack while I put my feet in the water and watched the girls play.  Sarah was not into walking in the water (the bottom was super gross and seaweedy.)  Neither was I, but I did it :)  After the beach we got dinner at Burger King (Derek ended up going straight from the Husky game to work at the Mariner's game so he missed the entire adventure) and had a picnic in the car.  I was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was so great to feel the sun on my skin and see the girls have a good time.




2 comments:

Taylor said...

next time you go to Matthew's beach call us! We go there all the time and would love to get together.

Jnuck said...

Everything is more fun with you and your girls!!