Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Camp out and Camp in

We decided to take our Young Women on a Pre-Camp camp out.  It seemed much more relevant to be learning camp cooking and camp skills at a camp site, rather than at the church.  The weather had us pulling our hair out.  The morning of the camp out dawned rainy, then sunny, then cloudy, then rainy, then cloudy.  We couldn't decide what to do.  So, we went for it.  The weather in the evening was great.  A few drops fell as we arrived, so we hastily put up the tents  (too hastily to read all the directions for our new tent thus leading to eventual rain leakage, oops!)  but after that it was great weather.  Until about 3am or so the rain started to fall and didn't really stop until around breakfast.  All the girls left their shoes outside the tent (I did say no shoes in the tent, but I meant no wearing shoes in the tent...) so they were soaked.  But our spirits weren't dampened and we had a great time.  
When I got home we set up the tents in the yard.  Of course the kids were instantly excited to sleep in them. (And I will admit, I was too--the whole trip I was just wishing my family were there with me too...)  Libby, Sarah & I slept out on Friday night in the tent.  It was a perfect temperature.  If it weren't for a deflating air mattress, I would have slept just fine!  I can't wait for our camping trip coming up over the 4th of July. 
I have never been to Cascade Park before, it is a great location for camping, and only 45 minutes away!  It is an LDS property.  

The AFTER picture.  See, still smiling!

Ben was loving the tent...but I made him sleep inside in his crib.  He is so into staying up late right now!  Ugh.  


No comments: