Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Comedy of Errors

This was an insane week.  A total comedy of errors.  It was busy, hectic, stressful, unsuccessful, all rolled into the first couple of days.  We had a slightly rocky end to the Rhinos season.  I ordered the Black Rhino t-shirts that we award the kids that placed at State tournaments.  I didn't check the Rhinos email account while I was on vacation.  This delayed the shirts.  So I had to give the kids a certificate that they had earned a shirt.  LAME.  The shirts came the next day.  I have to figure out how to deliver 15+ shirts that I still have left after I did a pick up window  yesterday.  Anyway, after the Rhino banquet, I came home to find that the boy that has been helping out with our yard put weed and feed instead of Preen on the garden.  Ooops.  I figured my garden was done for.  I honestly cried (maybe even sobbed) over my loss.  (But actually, so far the garden isn't dead--so hopefully the large doses of water I put on it saved it?) My new range is still on back order, so I have no oven or cook top. Anyway, the week went on and on like this.  Libby is struggling knowing the school year is ending and her best friend (and mine, his mom) are moving to Korea.  Sarah is a bit manic too.  Ben is complaining about his ears, but the doc couldn't see anything wrong when I took him in.
In the words of a wise teacher (In Lilly and the Purple Plastic Purse) "[This week] was a bad [week].  [Next week] will be better."
Oh yeah, and did I mention I finally decided to tackle the cabinet painting project I have wanted to do since we moved in?  I am bone weary!  (But not as tired as Derek who worked at between 1 and 3 shifts a day for the past 4 days.)

No comments: