Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hide and Seek

The kids are really getting the hang of Hide and Seek.  Derek had them playing a game of it the other night.  I joined in the fun.  My first round I stepped into one of our outdoor closets to hide (the one Benny is in below).  They were all hunting for me and they walked right by me with Derek saying, "Mommy isn't really good at hiding..."  I jumped out and scared them.  Yeah!  Victory for MOM!

Then last night I was trying to plow through my book club book while I was waiting for the paint on the front door to dry so I could close it and go to bed.  (That is another story...)  Ben kept wanting me to hide behind my book.  He would "count," then say "READY OR NOT," and I was supposed to bury my face in my book so he could find me.  Then I would count and he would hunker down on the other end of the couch so I could find him.  A fun game the first 3 or 4 times.  
In the car when I was driving yesterday he kept wanting me to hide from "bad guys" by putting my hands over my face.  I tried to keep my visibility and still stay safe from the "bad guys."  Occasionally he would also have me punch the "bad guys."
  



No comments: