Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dance Recital 2013

I was the teacher who LOVED test day.  I love to feel that nervous energy and excitement.  Dance recitals have some of the same energy--but they are MUCH more fun to watch than kids eagerly bent over an exam (well, that was fun too, but anyway)....This year's dance recital was the best so far at our studio.  They center all the dances on one theme.  This year was THE SILVER SCREEN.  Libby and Sarah's dance was the "Doe a Deer" song from the Sound of Music.  It gave me a chance to introduce them to the movie, which I LOVE.  But all of the dances at the recital were really great.  It was especially fun to see some of the older dancers who have really come a long way in the 3 years.  My favorite dance was the song from _Slumdog Millionaire_ "Jai HO."  I am hoping to find a way to be in the adult Jazz class next year.  I was actually introduced to our studio by one of my aerobics participants who is in that class.
Libby and Sarah were phenomenal, they pretty much remembered the dance and they REALLY remembered to sing!  I am SO proud of them when they get out there and dance.  I am so happy they are both looking forward to dancing again next year.






1 comment:

Laney said...

Your kids are the best posers!! I love it.