Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Benny

It has been too long since I have posted actual info about what my kids are saying and doing (which is one of the key reasons I blog!).  Here are some updates on Ben.
-He is sick.  He has had a nasty cold/cough for at least a month.  It has been a hectic month, and he never had a fever, so I just kept waiting for recovery or a fever.  Finally the fever came.  So I took him to the doctor and they gave us antibiotics for a sinus infection.  Hopefully it clears up quickly.  For the most part he has been cheerful through it all.  He is a trooper!
-He is so picky about his clothes.  I think I have mentioned this before, but we are currently having giant tantrums (this may be related to the sick thing) if I put any clothing item on him that he doesn't want to wear.  What he does not want to wear includes all Sunday clothes.  So as you can imagine, Sunday mornings are fun around here.
-He is excited about his new bed!  I bought him a fun loft bed on Craig's list with a slide.  We finally put it up on Friday night.  It was a night the fever was coming on, but he enjoyed sliding and playing on it (after Derek went and found some bolts to replace the ones that should have been with it but weren't...I can see why he hates Craig's list).  
He is showing me his muscles (without prompting)
-Ben is also talking up a storm and saying the cutest things.  (Except when he occasionally says "NO MOMMY!" and punches me...but anyway) I was listening to him play yesterday and he was putting his 3 "guys" Hulk, Spiderman, and Ironman to bed.  He was saying, "Goodnight, sleep tight."  "Oh, you want a story?  OK."  Then he said, "Once upon a time, there was a ....." and he filled in the blank with several different things.  He would start over and say "Once upon a time" again each time.  Finally he settled on "Crocodile."  "And there was Peter Pan, and Wendy and ...."  He was a great little storyteller.  
-We have also been unpacking toys.  He found a little plush picnic set from the Hills family.  He has been loving it and offering me all kinds of delicious "food to eat."  
He is quick to give hugs and kisses.  He is great at saying sorry after an offense.  He is a great little guy!

No comments: