Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Finally!!!!

Here are the first "after" pictures for our new house.  I finished the girls' bedroom.  These pictures were taken before I put the finishing touches up yesterday (a magnetic strip for their art work which is being produced in mass quantities) and one more sweet frame (thank you Target) and the giant thumbtack photo hanging thing that is over the Barbie house.  But I did those last night with Jen and it was too dark to get good pictures.  These give  you the general idea.  I took one of Ben's dressers for their room, since I have always hated the Ikea one they had.  I couldn't understand why Ben was so attached to his dresser.  He followed me from his room crying as I pushed it out.  Then he immediately rushed to it and took out some toys from the drawers.  Aha!
If you remember the girls' room from our old house, this is a similar color, but better.  The E and S on the walls are new.  (Libby chose E for Elisabeth rather than L for Libby.)  The coat hanger is new too as is the hanging lamp in the corner.  But I reused almost everything else from their old room.  Score!


This is the light fixture Sarah chose.  I was going to get more of a chandelier style.  But she told me "I hate it.  I won't have that light in my room."  So we compromised on this one.  And, I like it.  She made a good choice.

1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

Looks like a big room. Addison loves having a table and chairs in her room....makes for lots of art time! Love the light fixture!