Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Quotes of the Week

It was a rough week for some members of the family.  Ben got on an antibiotic for a sinus infection last Saturday, so he was feeling better for several days.  Then the teething kicked in.  He is throwing some pretty good tantrums these days.  But overall he is really fun to have around.  We were in Target yesterday and he said, "Oh mom, look at that baby over there!  Isn't she cute?"  (And she was a very cute baby!).  He also has been eating string cheese a lot lately.  I cut it up for him and often pretend I am going to eat the last piece as I am cutting.  He laughs and demands that I don't eat it.  A couple of times this week I forgot to pretend.  He reminded me.  So funny.  He also doesn't want to eat anything unless it is in a bowl.  He also uses a fork and spoon very well.  I feel like at this age I still didn't dare give my girls bowls or plates for fear that they would just chuck the whole thing on the floor.  My favorite Ben quote of the week was in the middle of the night on Friday.  I went in to his room because he was crying.  I asked what was wrong.  He said, "I need to say a prayer."  "Of course," I said.  "...(He usually skips the dear heavenly father, and if you haven't heard his prayer voice, it is high and whiny.  So adorable.)..."Bless Clark and Maren. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."  And he went right back to sleep.

We were driving somewhere with Sarah this week we told her something.  She said, "I'll remember that because I have a smart brain."  Sarah also wanted to play movie theater this week.  I had to come and sign up for a ticket.  "How much," I asked?  "$30,000."  (I had to stifle a laugh).  "And here is your change.  $54 dollars."  (Which she gave me in Chinese money from Emily.)  We have obviously been talking big numbers around here lately!

Libby was home on Monday for Veteran's Day.  Then also Wed and Thurs for a high fever (that actually got going while she was at school on Tues, so I had to give her a piggy back home on Tuesday).  Finally after she moaned most of the night on Friday, I took her to the dr. and she was diagnosed with a sinus infection also.  Hopefully she will be feeling better soon because she has been a bit of a pill this week.  But she had some cute moments this week.  She loved her bedroom and was very thankful.    

No comments: