Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Adults

I had one goal this week.  To finish the girls' room.  Okay and I also wanted to get an entertainment center, TV (the storm and power outage last week killed our old one), work on my "command center" room, get Ben's bed put up, put everything back in our master closet, get the garage emptied, and feed my family relatively healthy meals.

Command center start...check.
Entertainment center....check.
TV...check.  (Thanks to Derek and Mike).
Ben's bed...check.
Master closet (after mopping the tile 3 times to get all the final grout cleaning stuff off)...check.
Garage emptied...not quite.
Girls' room?  Well you would think so, if you consider I went to Sherwin Williams 1 time, Home depot at least 9 times and Lowe's twice.  But, no.  Alas.  I am SO close!
But remember how bad it was?
Here is Jen helping me scrape the paper (with a little help from Ben)

Here is the removal of the 2 top layers of paper
  And I have the painting all done.  Derek cut the baseboards.  The doors are all painted and hanging again.  But I somehow managed to purchase 2 defective compressors from Home Depot yesterday to try and run the nail gun to put up the baseboards.  So, I was foiled.  (You may be saying Operator Error?, but they both had different problems.  One I googled and is clearly a common issue.  The second one seems to have died internally.  Crazy.)  Anyway, it is kind of like a cliff hanger in the season finale.  You will have to tune in next week to see the rest of the before and after pictures of the girls' room, command central, among other rooms!

No comments: