Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Quick Week in Review

Ben finished his milk and went for the girls'.  He is in a non-eating phase.  Kills me!

This is what the girls did on Saturday morning.  Reading in bed.  Libby made me promise her breakfast in bed for today.  I told her it was a deal as long as she brought me breakfast in bed for my birthday next Sunday.  (Luckily Derek has the day off :)

Go T-Birds!  They actually missed the whole tournament because they went to a movie in the morning with cousins, then by the time dance class was over, so was the tournament.  They were really sad!
It was a relatively easy transition back into normal life because Derek was off for Mon, Tues & Wed.  (from police work, not wrestling of course).  I let him help run kids here and there while I focused on getting down the rest of the wall paper, priming, texturing and painting the breakfast nook and the family room off the kitchen.  We also bought the wainscot for the bottom, so I started painting that too.  I should be done with the painting sometime this week.  I am trying to decide if I should put up the wainscot myself or pay someone.  Sigh.  Thinking I will pay someone.  Then I change my mind.  Then I change my mind.  Anyway, you'll find out soon what I end up deciding.  We also get our new windows installed this week!  Our house is about to get a little cozier.
We made it to our first wrestling match of the season this week (a double dual), and our first tournament. I really love watching wrestling.  I forget how much I enjoy a good match.  The double dual was a win and a loss.  At the Shoreline invitational tournament the team took second, losing by 1.5 points.  But they wrestled honorably and honestly (meaning they could have taken 1st by forfeiting to their own team members which they didn't do).  So it was a good tourney.  At the double dual Sarah was sitting with Tara, the other assistant coach's wife.  Sarah told her, "If you want me to have fun, you should get some games on your phone."
I also decided to recruit some personal training clients to help me decide if I want to make the plunge and become a personal trainer.  So I will be busy training over the next 4 weeks.  Then maybe busy studying for the personal training certificate after that.
Between all of that adding in Rhinos and Young Women, I feel it is a miracle that I am still sane (and that may be debatable).
I am reading the Happiness Project for my book club though, and it has helped me realize that I am really blessed!  I plan to work on lots of little things to make sure I am as happy as I should be.
I took the girls to dance and left Ben with Maren and Geneva at the Shoreline Invite.  They had a blast.  He came home and fell asleep on the floor.  Apparently he told Maren when she went to change his pants, "Oh, there is a lot of poop in my pants!"  He also got some good iPad playtime.  He loves this.  He loves Angry Birds.  But he shoots the bird the wrong way every time.  He asked Maren, "Why am I not passing any levels?"  

Coaches Norton 

Dad and Benny on the mat.  Looks good, doesn't it?

No comments: