Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another "Finished" Space

This was a home improvement kind of week at our house.  We got our new windows.  AAAHHHHH!  They are amazing.  The house is warmer and so much quieter.  I love it.  And I was finishing another big project (with the help of a great contractor.)
When I started ripping down wallpaper before the holiday decor was even down, I knew I was in trouble.  I thought I was saving myself lots of work by not stripping the wallpaper from the bottom 1/2.  HA!  Instead I painted 14 packs of wainscot (42" in a pack) with 2 coats of paint before they were installed and 2 coats after they were installed.  Let me check if that was less work than stripping the wallpaper.  NO!  But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the finished product.  (I more than doubled the cost of the project by paying someone amazing to do the install.  Another GOOD choice!)
Kitchen before.  Note the cabinet that was a hazard to anyone trying to get in and out and the wallpaper.  I wish I had a better close up...

More before, note the awkward shelf on the fireplace.

Looking the other way.  SO DARK!
I posted this last week, but thought I should get a close up of some wallpaper in here.
After...AHHHHH!!!  

I have always hated this couch, but the addition of these pillows and I love it!

Note that the cabinet is now gone!  Hooray!  Also note the McDonald's happy meals  on the counter.  My amazing in-laws helped me put the furniture back last night and then took the kids out to dinner so I could hang out with friends for my birthday.  Awesome!

The breakfast nook.  

I think the can lights we put in are one of the best features.  The area is so much brighter.  
Anyway, now I need to stop doing projects and start focusing on life again!  We will see if I can make myself do that.

1 comment:

Sweet Utah said...

It looks awesome! I want to come back!!