Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Kid Quotes

I don't know why it is so hard to just stop and write down the hilarious things my kids say right when they say them.  But, of course you are in the moment, and you think, "that was so funny, I'll certainly remember that."  Then you don't.  But thankfully I polled my relatives for some funny quotes, and they remembered some good ones!
Grandma Debbi remembered Sarah's song: It's Christmas and I'm a panda bear. Also, Grandma you can be on my team, and Grandpa...you can be with someone else. "Asaashhhh!" That,s me slipping in the tub. Libby: Can I have another donut? (She ate 4 I think!)
Rachel: Ben: Ray Ray do you want to be Tigger and I'll be Spiderman.
Me: Of course! Ben: Okay we're gonna get their jammies on. Spider man's arms, Spiderman's legs, Spiderman's bum bum. Now Tigger... Tigger's arms, Tigger's legs, Tigger's bootie...
Ben running downstairs yelling, "YAY I FOUND MY DIAPER CHANGE WATER BOTTLE!" like he'd just won the lottery.
While in the chapel picking up the diaper bag Ben tried to yell out to Derek on the stand. I shooshed him and we went out in the hallway. When we got there he said, "I just wanted to tell my dad I have a nasty diaper!" Just barely avoided him sharing that wonderful revelation. (Which by the way, he didn't have a nasty diaper I don't think....)

Later when we were back in the YW room he looked up and saw there was a TV and happily pointed it out to me. When Trish finally started turning it on he went "YES!" Yet another moment in YW was when he started talking and I couldn't understand him so I pulled out his binkie. "I just need to pick my bugers!" He explained as I quickly shoved the binkie right back in his mouth. (It was loud enough that I heard him...UGH)

Sarah during gingerbread house making "Hey, you guys are almost pretty good!"

Grandpa remembered: As we rode the escalators to see Frozen, Sarah walked the first flight and received an "atta girl" for her effort. At the second flight Libby tried to stop Sarah from walking because "people will compliment her." (I think this also had something to do with Libby not wanting Sarah to receive compliments for her non-matching outfit too???)

On Christmas Day when Ben emptied his stocking he threw a Brazil nut across the room and said it was a mouse.
He also insisted that he couldn't play with his little Iron man toy any more because it was dirty (some of the paint had come off).

David also caught a great Libby moment on film. She was up on the stage prepping to sing. He said, "Are you ready?" She said, "Ready as I'll ever be!"





No comments: