Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

We have a Randall tradition of making gingerbread houses.  This year I decided to buy the kits and make a village.  My mom is on the Centerville City Planning Commission, so we used her expertise (sort of) to make it a viable village.  It was fun except I didn't read before hand the part about how you should put the houses together 3 hours before you decorate them.  So they struggled to stay together, just like usual.  But we had a good time and decided that next year we will buy the Christmas village one with the little houses because we all basically ran out of gas by the time we finished the roof on our houses.
Gramps Christmas house.  Sarah told Grandpa, "I am working with Grandma, you work with someone else."

I was supposed to do a school, but couldn't figure out how to do that, so I made the mayor's house.

Sarah stayed with it and helped Grammy with Taco Bell (complete with outdoor seating).

This was the church, which can only fit a few people at a time :)

The police station.

Close up of the police car.  Every year Derek doesn't really want to do this but I guilt him into it (like he does to me with caroling, so it is fair, right?)

Libby was supposed to help Brad and Rachel.  Her attention span isn't quite that long.  They made a Dick's (Market or Restaurant, depending on where you are from).

No comments: