Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nutcracker Week!

I have been so excited for Libby to be in the Nutcracker (even though I actually dislike the strange story of the ballet) since she first started dancing.  We went to see it with Auntie Jen the day before her first dance recital.  So, it was fitting that Auntie Jen carved out a bit of time to come and see Libby as a Bon Bon.  I was so proud of her.  She was the youngest and smallest Bon Bon, but she did a great job with the choreography.  She told me that "Miss Jenny complimented me TWICE! And Mother Ginger and Miss SUE!  That is 4 compliments!"  and "I remembered the steps because I am very smart."
We went shopping for a few minutes before the first show and she chose a doll instead of flowers for after the show.
I was enthralled by the dancing.  Kind of want to start taking ballet in addition to the Jazz class I am taking.  I want to try out next year too ;)  That is what I love about our studio.  Dancers of all ages dancing because they love to dance.  Perfect!




This was Libby's pose at the end in the finale.  All of the other bon bons backed up to her to get off stage.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Cute little dancers, just like their mom was :)