Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bainbridge Adventure

Dave wanted to go on a ferry ride for this last Hurrah here in Seattle.  It was an adventure.  I told the kids to get their backpacks and they came down LOADED with toys.  I took most of the toys out, put in snacks and off we went.  We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island.
What the kids loved:  The candy store, looking for mermaids in the water, searching for souvenirs that I said they could pick for helping me clean up wallpaper scraps, the bulk bins at the "Town & Country" store, the whispering bench, making me smell their stinky feet on the ferry ride home.
What the kids DID NOT LOVE: Going outside on the ferry--"TOO COLD!", the lack of actual souvenir shops, the fact that Libby didn't get to eat Lobster Ravioli (she tried Emily's in California and now thinks this is her favorite food), that I wouldn't buy Sarah a $100 dress, that I wouldn't buy Ben chex mix in the bulk bins when we had a whole bunch in the car.
What I loved?  Spending time with Dave and my kids.  In the SUN!  The views from the ferry were spectacular!  WA is such a great place to live!
Libby kissing one of the Bainbridge Frogs

Dave and the Kids...snapping a shot between passersby.

Kissing another frog.  (Ben kissed both frogs too.)

The lighting on the ferry was magical!


Do you see Ben in the reflection?  Love that big yawn. 

Practicing a "real" smile.
My favorite quote of the day was when we got out of the car on the ferry, Ben said," Mom, don't drop your car keys into the water.  That would not be good!"
Smarty!


No comments: