Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Shorewood State Champ

What did the kids do during a full day of wrestling?  (We got there at 10 am and left at 7:00 pm).  Ate JUNK is the main thing.  They also watched movies and played games on iPads.  Libby also held court for about 1/2 hour where she stood in the middle of all the wrestlers and joked with them.  


Ben snuggled with me or Derek most of the day.  He is sick again (or still actually).  
This year's coaching staff:  Ned, Matt, Derek & Clark

Victory!  Both of the matches he wrestled on Saturday we was pretty dominant.  I am glad I missed the 4 OT match on Friday night.  I would have had a heart attack.

He looked right at me from the podium, so I held up a finger for no.1 and he did it for the pic.

I love matchy matchy!  Blue medal looks good with the blue hoodie.  

Proud Derek.
Last year I took this picture of Tim and Matthew.  They each took 2nd their Junior Year and 1st their Senior year.  I think Tim graduated in 2008.  So it has been a few years since Shorewood had a state champ.


No comments: