Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am kind of bummed that I didn't get to spread more love this Valentine's Day...Maybe this week I will get the pics taken of my kids that I wanted to take and make a Valentine for family and friends...and use them to update my facebook cover photo that is still Christmas themed.  The girls were very excited about Valentine's day.  Sarah gave out Airplanes Valentines to her class (with Jolly Rancher suckers) and Libby gave out Disney Princess and Ninjago (leftover from last year) with Airheads.  We did manage a few Valentine festivities at home amid the wrestling madness.
We made these wreaths for the front doors during Family Home Evening.  Derek was the champion paper curler.  Libby actually helped a fair amount and Sarah helped for a minute.  Ben enjoyed watching.  These aren't the ideal outdoor wreaths, as they are made of paper.  The humidity caused them to uncurl a bit so I had to take them down a time or two and repin the paper, but I love the way they turned out.  (Martha Stewart craft paper pinned to a styrofoam heart wreath.)

Valentine breakfast setting for the girls.

Getting ready to enjoy heart shaped pancakes.  (Something they actually both like--Sarah with butter and Libby with syrup.  Sarah drinks chocolate milk and Libby drinks regular.)  

For dinner it was heart shaped Italian meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes.  It was really so good!  I even did a fancy table setting which I neglected to take pics of.  For dessert the plan was pink ice cream sundaes.  Then I took the girls to clean up their room before dessert and found that they had been playing with water in their room (strictly against the rules) and they had to go to bed without dessert.  Boy were they bummed.  Derek and I watched a Castle episode and some Olympics for our Valentine evening.    

No comments: