Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, February 3, 2014

Kids This Week...

BIG NEWS!  Ben went potty in the toilet!  Several times!  You know how he is SUPER into clothes and what he is wearing?  Well, this translated into potty training progress. He found a sample pull-up that came in the last box of diapers I bought.  It was disney princess.  He really wanted to wear it.  I told him he had to go potty in the potty chair if he wanted to wear it.  He went right in, sat on the Cars potty seat I bought him, and went.  So I had to let him wear the pull-up.  Then at Costco, Pull-ups were on sale, and they have Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and some other characters on them.  He was sold.  He has gone potty several times now.  I think he is ready.  I am not.  Maybe in April, after wrestling?

Derek posted this to facebook this week.  It was so hilarious!
Tricia Randall Norton and I were helping our 5 and 6 year old daughters pick up their room tonight prior to going to bed when the following took place:

Trish- "Sarah there are about ten pairs of your underpants on the floor and I can't tell which ones are clean and which ones need to go in the laundry"

Sarah- "It's easy mom just look inside them to see if there's a skid mark. Or you can touch them to see if they're wet." 

HAHAHAHA!

This week a couple of times I used the "go play for 15 minutes and then you can watch a movie" tactic.  Usually they get involved in playing and forget about the movie.  One of the times  Libby also organized "book club" with the other kids.  This involves snacks, looking at books, jumping on the bed.  You also have to move the lamp from their room into Ben's room.  Messy, but good fun.Libby and Sarah are now reading to me every night before bed.  I am so proud of their reading skills!  This week Sarah brought in the Sandra Boynton song book and sang the entire "Snuggle Puppy" song to me and one of my clients.  It was amazing!I cut Ben's hair on Saturday and I am quite proud of how it turned out.  I only had to do a little fixing on Sunday morning (during which I nearly cut  his finger off because he wasn't distracted by a movie like he had been on Saturday night...yikes!)
Before the haircut and with 2 binkies (he has such amazing hair that kind of waves in so you don't really notice how long it is).

After the haircut.  I feel like ears are for hearing and for humbling moms who want to try to cut their little boys' hair.  

No comments: