Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another Great Loss & a Really BIG WIN!

This seems to be a theme for our year.  We are having lots of downs--but also some amazing ups!
This week my 96 year old grandpa died.  His kidneys just gave out.  It happens.  And, this week Derek had his first state champ as a head wrestling coach.  The last time Shorewood had a state champ was the year Libby was a baby, so it has been awhile!
It might seem kind of strange to put these two together in one post, but my grandpa had been hanging on by a thread for a couple of weeks.  I think he waited to go so that Derek could be here with Matthew.  And so I could be here too.  Matthew came down off the podium and gave me a huge hug!  I guess those yoga sessions paid off!  Then he hugged his girlfriend :)
Grandpa's Obituary
Article on Matthew

And now because I am a bit OCD about things, I will give these amazing men each their own blog post.

No comments: