Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Finished Projects

Now that I am done taking down huge walls of wallpaper, I can start doing the fun little things that make a house feel homey.  I am pretty proud of the two that I finished this week.  I have to thank my friend Jen B. for introducing me to the blog Little Green Notebook which gave me the inspiration for the bulletin boards.  I am trying to remember who made the suggestion that I do something with the wallpaper to remember it.  Maybe it was actually my idea based on Paige B.'s obsession with my wallpaper (I sent some framed pieces of it to college with her).  But the finished product is based on my friend Molly T's Christmas paper wreaths that I loved.  Anyway, here they are...
So there are about 6 or 7 different wallpapers in here, all of which came from the very walls of the kitchen/breakfast nook/family room area.  I added the red to tie it into the decor, but I am proud of this.  What is super cute is that Derek LOVES this and thinks it is the coolest thing I have ever made.  You  never know, right?  I think he likes it especially because I invited him on a date to the sunroom to watch a movie with me while I cut and rolled the paper.  We haven't watched a movie together in ages.  So whenever I look at it, I will think of James Bond _Skyfall_.  

The Little Green Notebook boards had fabric covering them and a little strip of ribbon on the edges.  I got these boards at IKEA (had a great time there on Monday with 2 amazing friends).  But when I went looking for fabric, I couldn't find any that I liked.  But I found a stencil and ribbon that I liked that kind of go with my theme.  So I got the paint, brought it all home and stewed over it for a bit.  These are the end result and I LOVE them.  The paint is Martha Steward Pearl paint, so it is kind of shimmery.  I like them so much I don't really want to even stick stuff up on them.  But I will soon.  Libby's spelling test is going up on the red one tonight!


The metal squares on this one are actual upholstery tacks holding on this amazing ribbon.  The other two have stickers that look just like them.  

Stenciling this in two colors was a royal pain.  It doesn't look as good because I didn't have a small enough stencil painter so I had to use a brush.  But don't look too close and it looks awesome ;)

No comments: