Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Libby!

This week we had Libby's birthday party and her annual checkup (that gets its own post)!  Quite proud of myself for getting both done in her birthday week.  Her photobook still isn't done, but when she was trying to kiss up to me this week she told me she "didn't care that her photobook wasn't quite done."  So, there you go.
Aunt Maren bought Libby as Shorewood Drill birthday party.  So 4 members of the Shorewood Drill team came to do games, put on make up and teach the girls a routine.  I added a few more things for Shorewood Spirit:  each girl got to paint her own SW or Thunderbird tshirt & they all got pom poms.  (Please note if you are considering this, the cheap pom poms shed. A LOT.  So my house is covered in green pom pom shrapnel.  But I guess that is better than other kinds of shrapnel...sigh...)
The Birthday Girl

Sarah showing off her ribbon from the Drill Girls

They played a fun game or 2.  Derek considered staying home from work because he didn't think Ben would have fun.  What do you think?  

Makeup time!

Ready to do their dance!

My favorite picture of the evening.  Just take a look at Auntie Maren :)

Libby got her 7 candle blown out with one breath.  Ben was really sad that he didn't get to help, so we had to light another for him to blow out.  Notice that Libby's birthday "cake" is actually a chocolate snickerdoodle.  That is what she asked for.  Thankfully the internet had several recipe options.  So I made a double batch.  They were pretty good.
The thing I learned from the party, is that anyone who teaches kids this age is a saint, angel, and I would never want to do it.  It takes a lot of energy.

No comments: