Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Trip Post #2--Lagoon & other festivities!

I packed our schedule for this week.  Monday, we visited my bestie from my mission.  Tuesday we went to the "Bubble" (now known as the South Davis Rec Center) and then to visit my bestie from high school and his family.  Wednesday, Lagoon!, Thursday 4th of July started, then Friday, the actual 4th of July.  It was busy and fun!  Even though we were out late on Monday, and even later on Tuesday I was shocked when the kids were still going strong at Lagoon at 7:30 pm.  I was ready to crawl into bed and sleep for weeks.  It was amazing!
Libby and Sarah had a blast playing dress up with MaryAnne's daughter Elsie.  She turned them into princesses.  Libby even let Elsie do her hair, so she must really have a magic touch!

We had dinner with MaryAnne's family, and Libby ate 3 pieces of corn on the cob.  (But was still "starving" at bedtime when we got home.)

I couldn't believe how excited and happy my kids were to ride all the kid rides at Lagoon, and even some more intense rides.  Libby and Sarah's favorite ride was Bombora, a roller coaster that is not just for kids.  I was super impressed.  Even Ben loved the kid rollercoaster "Puff."  There was only one ride that caused some issues.  Sarah asked and asked me to go on the dinosaur ride.  I was flabbergasted when I realized she was talking about one that lifts you up and drops you.  It is a kid size version of the Tower of Terror.  I didn't know if she would like it.  But Grandma and Rachel took them on the ride.  Sarah loved it, but Libby cried the whole time.  

The girls were great at helping Ben enjoy the rides.  There was lots of saying, "This is AWESOME!"

Ben actually didn't love this ride.  During the ride he started shouting that he wanted to go on another ride he could see from his elevated position.  

I spent a fair amount of time with this cutie!  This is before our first ride on Puff!

Ben chose this dog for his carousel ride.  He didn't want me to hold onto him.  Mr. Independent.

The girls named their horses.  Sarah's was named :Silver Crystal.  Libby named hers:  Velvet Flower.

After our skyride, the kids played in the fountain.  Sarah wasn't into it.  That is when she had Grandma take her on Ladybug Bop.  

Libby and Ben got thoroughly soaked.  I was HOT and the water felt SO good!


Ben loved this ride.  He sat in the dragon he called "Puff" several times.  Most of the time he was the only one on the ride. 

No comments: