Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Our 5 Minutes of Fame

I got the girls these shirts to wear on the flight.  Wondered if anyone would recognize us.  No one did, but it was a fun conversation starter.  
It has been crazy to be "an internet sensation" as Steve from Fox & Friends called the girls.  In just over a week we have had 180,000 views of their video.  On Thursday of last week Fox & Friends (the morning news show on Fox News) called us and asked us to come to NY and be on the show.  It sounded like a really fun opportunity.  So I said yes.  That meant that we left CO and our family reunion on Saturday to drive back to UT (where I had left all of our nice clothes) so we could fly out on Sunday.  Then we did the show Monday morning and flew back Monday evening straight to Seattle.  At least that is how the itinerary was supposed to go.  I think that I needed a lesson in patience, or some chastening so I would stop being interested in fame?  Flying in and out of NY was a nightmare because of thunderstorms.  We got in SUPER late on Sunday night (I was worried that the girls might not rally for the show, but they did).  Then our flight out of NY was SUPER late (we spent an hour + on the tarmac in the plane not knowing if we would be able to take off at all) and we missed our connection to Seattle.  Thank goodness for Maren's friend Liz who let us come crash at her place in Chicago.  We cut it close in the morning, but we made our flight back to Seattle.  Thankfully!  We are home, with the fun memories standing out and the hard moments fading quickly. 

I let the girls get an overpriced polish at the airport in Utah.  

This dance group saved my bacon in the Chicago airport on the way to NY.  They LOVED the girls and entertained them for over an hour.  Sarah drew them several autographs.  I was really thankful, because we were at a breaking point.  

That black car in the background has a sign that says NORTON.  So cool!  We are stars!

Outside the Fox building.  It was really fun to be VIPs.


This dinosaur was also on the show.  It freaked Libby out a bit.  But she got over her fear and petted him...until he made some scary noises and she jumped!

On the set.  Looking so fab!

After the show we went to the Giant Disney store.  Libby cried that she couldn't have more princesses and Sarah did a Frozen performance for any onlookers.  

I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the afternoon.  So we took a bus tour.  I loved it!  As you can see, not everyone else was such a fan.  But it helped us get to Chinatown where we bought a few souvenirs.  

This is Tuesday morning riding the train in Chicago.  The girls look a little (okay a lot) tired.  We were all worn out and ready to be home!  Luckily Libby was seated by a really cool lady on the way home who entertained her very well.  
Fox & Friends Segment
Fox & Friends After the Show Show
The girls had fun on the show.  They love positive attention, and they got it!  All in all I would say it was worth it.  (I can say that today now that I have had a good nights sleep I think.)
Honestly, I am so happy to be home.  But if another show called would we go?  Probably.  But I wouldn't want to go to NY again.  Maybe LA or Chicago.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

What a wonderful opportunity for all of you. I enjoyed what I saw from your facebook postings. The blog gave a nice story about it all.